On 01/07/15 19:36, Ignacio Burgueño wrote:

What about using Alien [1] to declare a binding to that function? (fileno) It is one more dependency, yes, but it might be lighter than luaposix (don't know, really).

Regards,
Ignacio

[1]: https://luarocks.org/modules/mascarenhas/alien

I'll have to research this more... One of the requirment is to run under NS-3 network simulator's DCE (direct code execution), a framework that provides a environment to run native applications inside the simulator. So, the environment is not a real Linux, but a cutdown look-a-like [1]. It's not clear to me that Alien can work there.

Thanks for the idea,

Jorge

[1] https://www.nsnam.org/docs/dce/manual/html/dce-user-tech.html#api-coverage