Hello Patrick,

> from [2]. ktap is a Lua derivative.
> I haven't seen any mention of it here so I thought I'd share.
> Unfortunately the project hasn't had any activity since last year...

I recommend you to give a look at Sysdig[1], its an awesome troubleshooting and
deep analysis tool. The analysis can either be done real time, or record the
system calls to a file and later on, extract all the necessary metrics.

The scripts that read the syscalls and actually get you useful data are called
chisels and are scripted in lua. So this thread is not totally offtopic :)

I hope I could help you in the quest to find a decent Linux troubleshoot tool.

[1] http://www.sysdig.org/

Regards,

--
Alfredo Palhares