I stumbled on some emails [1] on LKML introducing ktap. It is:

"ktap is a new script-based dynamic tracing tool for Linux. It uses a
scripting language and lets the user trace the Linux kernel
dynamically. ktap is designed to give operational insights with
interoperability that allows users to tune, troubleshoot and extend
kernel and application. It's similar to Linux SystemTap and Solaris
DTrace."

from [2]. ktap is a Lua derivative.

I haven't seen any mention of it here so I thought I'd share.

Unfortunately the project hasn't had any activity since last year...

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/10/29/250
[2] http://www.ktap.org/doc/tutorial.html

--
Patrick Donnelly