I have to bind to a ROS platform (Robot Operating System, ros.org), has anyone been working on that recently?

I see there's a pretty solid work by Tim Niemueller (https://github.com/timn/roslua), but the last update is from 2010, which with how ROS breaks everything from release to release means some reshufling at least will be necessary.

If there's no later work, what would be the prefered way to bring Lua - ROS up to date? I'm not very experienced with ROS, so what's easier, update roslua to support new ROS, or write a new binding ransaking the current roslua for useful bits?

Thanks in advance,

Jorge