On 6/15/2015 10:52 AM, Coda Highland wrote:
On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Brigham Toskin
<brighamtoskin@gmail.com> wrote:
   - Could you do rotating tab completion instead of only to the prefix?

Have you ever come across a program that has this behavior? I think I would
find it confusing, since in my experience, ambiguous completions are usually
either just given the first match it finds, or it prints a list of partial
matches, prompting you to type a longer substring to specify which one you
meant.

I don't LIKE this behavior, but I HAVE encountered it before. It's
more common in editors rather than shells -- this is the behavior of
the autocomplete dropdown in many IDEs, as well as the behavior of
vim's command line.

It is also the file name completion behavior in Windows at the CMD.EXE prompt. I like it better than just going 'ding' because the completion is ambiguous without any other hints about what the choices are...

--
Ross Berteig                               Ross@CheshireEng.com
Cheshire Engineering Corp.           http://www.CheshireEng.com/