On 6/12/2015 7:20 PM, Rodrigo Azevedo wrote:
Some explanation about my personal view of Lua function call:
[snip snip]

I disagree with your exposition, but good luck anyways. :-)

I see f"a" and f{a} as still having a couple of paired delimiters.
I will gladly continue putting parentheses in my function calls.

Psychologically, IMHO this kind of thing matters very little to me, when, in the course of embedded hardware coding, my comment section is often 2X the size of my code.

It also brings up not-so-sunny memories of having to internalize all the C++ behaviours one has to know. Should one aspire to emulate the amount of behaviours in C++?

An analogy is the 'elegance' of modern flat-like UIs where visual guides have been trimmed out. I'm not a fan.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)