On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 16:20:39 +0200
Dirk Laurie <...> wrote:
> The value is useful, because it has the property that
>    t[#t+1] = x
> will store x into an empty slot. I wish that the documentation would
> restore at least that half of the boundary property.

I think for the most part this is a selfcontained benefit of
the boundary definition itself, but I agree that nil result for
#t of a not-a-sequence table is worse and that some clarification
in the manual about the length operator for such a table
(that it may not be the last integral index, but t[#t+1] == nil,
yet may not being a lowest available empty index) would be helpful.

--
Mike