On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

That sounds nitpicking, but we could change the wording in the
manual. After all, nowhere there is a definition of what is "debug
information". The whole idea of that option is to save space, not to
give you privacy or anything like that. (It should be be a bug if for
some reason it decides to keep all debug information.)

-- Roberto

It can be seen as nitpicking because it is a feature I didn't know it existed until today :)
Is there a reason why all debug info can't be dropped (since the aim is to save as much space as possible)?

Regards,
Ignacio