Hi Paul,

> I only tested at the Lua level, but I don't see the hook applied to
> the coroutines it was not set for:

Yes, you are right. I wonder why I got (instruction count) hooks after
disabling the hook. But the code in lua_newthread() seems to indicate
that the hook will also be used in the new thread:

  L1->hookmask = L->hookmask;
  L1->basehookcount = L->basehookcount;
  L1->hook = L->hook;
  resethookcount(L1);

Seems I am missing something. But what?

And how do you deal with threads created with lua_newthread? You don't
get a change to install the debugger hook, do you?
I use this threads primary for callbacks from the C-side.

- Jörg