On 08/06/2015 18:18, Chien Nguyen wrote:
> Also, SILE is very good in handling Unicode characters, which I must use
> when writing documents in my mother language, Vietnamese.

Yes, that's one of the core goals. If there are any Vietnamese
typographic conventions that SILE needs to know about then please let me
know. (Or maybe you could try implementing them yourself? ;-) )

> I am looking forward for your implementation of SILE on Windows.

Various people seem to have it working on Windows using mingw32:
https://github.com/simoncozens/sile/issues/82

> Also, I
> see that SILE, due to its small size, is very suitable for ARM
> platforms. So could you consider building a package for Linux armel or
> armhf?

I don't want to get into packaging because those working on the
different distributions know better than I do the packaging requirements
and conventions. It should work fine on ARM; if not, please send bug
reports! I am trying to get it to build on my rPi but I have to build
the harfbuzz package first and that's going to take all day...

> Also I am thinking of math typesetting. I can invest some time on this
> and would be very glad if you could give some advice scripting such a
> math package.

My advice would be to begin by looking at MathJax, which has an
implementation of math positioning in Javascript. Javascript and Lua
aren't too dissimilar, so it should be easier to port that than trying
to understand what TeX is doing... Once you have some Lua code which can
parse and position formula, we can try hooking it up to SILE.