On 29-May-15 21:30, Lionel Duboeuf wrote:
But as i said, i need to specify a starting position (which doesn't
exist in gmatch and gsub functions) and can't afford to split my string.

As an aside, I encountered the same problem when I thought about adding features to my 50-line in-memory XML parser (for a small enough definition of 'XML', but it could read OpenOffice files).

I always forgot to ask if adding an optional starting point for gmatch/gsub would be too costly.

--
  Enrico