Sailor is an MVC Framework and you can use it to make web development in Lua and I'm releasing a new version today during GeeCON 2015.
What's new from Sailor v0.2 Mars?
* Friendly urls
* Inspect function for better debugging => similar to a var dump
* Custom 404 pages
* Runs over Lighttpd, Xavante and Lwan web servers
* Model generation (reading from DB)
* CRUD generation (reading from model)
* Theme and layout (now you can have multiple layouts inside a theme. e.g. 1-column and 2-column)
* Bug fixes and general improvements
What's coming next?
* Integration with a test suite
* Improvements of Lua on the client side
* Integration with mod_lua's DB API and DB module refactor
* Improvements in the ORM
Quick install example for Unix, using Xavante web server:
luarocks install sailor
sailor_create "my app" /var/www
ATTENTION: If you are upgrading from version 0.2.1 to 0.3 you might have an issue with shared files during app creation. If it's the case, then you need to remove the current sailor version before installing the new one.
The license is MIT, use at will! Feedback is much appreciated.