On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 7:19 AM, Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 07:18:03AM -0700, Coda Highland wrote:

>> > Oscilloscope attached to a pin on the parallel port or nothing.
>> >

>> I have literally done exactly this before (okay, it was a GPIO pin,
>> not a parallel port). It's fun. :P
>
> It is not fun.  Especially when you're using it to debug the initial
> program loader on an x86 system :)

I think the not-fun-ness of that comes from the fact that you would
rather be using said x86 system instead of debugging it.

Me, I was creating (from scratch) and debugging a Linux kernel driver
for first a character LCD display and later a custom-built audio
device (which we later scrapped because you could hear the OS
context-switching as clicks in the output).

/s/ Adam