I just tried to use string.format instead of using the operator .. and it worked fine.
The new Lua code:

if (lua_type == 'transaction') then
  shiftno = tran.getshiftno()
  dev.log(string.format('ShiftNumber: %d' , shiftno))
  tran.print(string.format('ShiftNumber: %d' , shiftno))
end

The question is: why the operator .. does not work on this platform and works on Linux and others platforms I have here.
The Lua source code used to build the libraries were the same.

Thank you again.

Regards.