I am unsure on how to test for correctness when updating a program from Lua 5.2 to Lua 5.3. I am worried about the int/fp part (I am not even sure I understand all of its implications).

This particular program does many computations and any imprecision, due for example to unintended integers where fp values were assumed, could go unnoticed if outside the test cases (which were not designed for this sort of situation).

Any suggestion on a methodology to look for potential problems introduced by the new numeric representation, shorter of re-analyzing all of the code from scratch?

[my answer would be that only a line-by-line analysis would do, but I am asking anyway...]

--
  Enrico