On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 9:24 PM, Jay Carlson <nop@nop.com> wrote:
> All languages with macros expand until they get Common Lisp's LOOP, and then
> everybody feels vaguely guilty for using it.

I had great fun with LuaMacro, but eventually came to the conclusion
that vanilla Lua was the most maintainable and readable option for
public code.

After all, if you start modifying syntax and carrying around that lpeg
dependency, may as well use a properly-defined new syntax like
Moonscript, confident that the result will still speak to the rest of
the Lua ecosystem:

https://github.com/leafo/moonscript/wiki/Exception-handling