On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I currently believe that an integrated macro library, written with the
>> same wisdom and care that Lua was authored with, is the most exciting
>> possibility for future Lua.
>>
>> It is vaccination the inevitable death march towards Language
>> Bloat.[2]  Lua has avoided this thanks to the development model.
>> However, perhaps PUC/Rio could ensure their legacy by providing us
>> with macros before they retire. :)
>
> They have. They gave us a string library and an LPeg module,
> plus a "load" function. Exercise for the reader: exploit these to
> write a "define" function.

DONE! LuaMacro. (not entirely, but mostly) You didn't read my first
footnote. Which means that you also did not read my second footnote,
which makes me sad, because I'm trying to turn it into Starks's Law,
once I've developed the CSCI Chops to have laws attributed to me. I'm
dreaming large, Dirk.

-Andrew