> Big 2D array constructors are used frequently, so using > 100 local
> variables should be
> considered as dangerous.

Small detail: the current limit for registers is 250. (I don't know why
it is not 255; we probably will correct that.) Local variables is limited
at 200 exactly to leave room for (1D) constructors.

Note that you can use "do end" blocks to limit the scope of local
variables, when possible. (The limit is 200 variables *alive at the
same time*, not 200 variable declarations.)

-- Roberto