On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 10:40 AM, Andrew Starks <andrew.starks@trms.com> wrote:

> 4: C#/Windows is not the only target language/platform.

I'm pretty sure you still need to use P/Invoke if you want to do
native interop on Mono.

> Does anyone have experience with this or something similar? I'm
> curious if anyone has tried using the "unsafe" keyword and just bound
> Lua to C#, without an extensive wrapper. I'm also curious about any
> alternatives.

I'm not sure what you mean by "just" but once you have something like this
https://github.com/jsimmons/LuaSharp/blob/master/LuaWrap/LuaLib.cs (5.1)
you can do whatever you like and have it run on all platforms. More
automated things obviously require more magical stuff on the part of
the C# library.