On 18/04/15 12:18 AM, Sean Conner wrote:
It was thus said that the Great Soni L. once stated:
Hello,

How are varargs implemented? Are they array-backed, or
linkedlist-backed? I'd think a linkedlist-backed approach would be
better/faster:
   Have you tried measuring both approaches?
No, not really

   It sounds like you work a lot with varargs [2].

-spc (Have you tried programming in Lisp? [1])
[1] From all the posts you make here, I get the impression you would do far better programming in Lisp than in Lua (or any other non-Lisp language). Every crazy thing you want to do is possible in Lisp. But that's just my impression. [2] What are you trying to do anyway? Create some form of virtual Lua environment?
I'm trying to make a Forth VM, using varargs as the stack.
[3] I don't use it often. I just checked my own codebase at work, and out of 18,204 lines of Lua, only 17 uses of varargs, and only 4 of those do not deal with logging of some sort (calling either print(...) or f:write(...) or some variation on that).

--
Disclaimer: these emails are public and can be accessed from <TODO: get a non-DHCP IP and put it here>. If you do not agree with this, DO NOT REPLY.