luiz, is your project in github?

You are right about your points, Paul! Thanks, man ;)
Your article is great! Congrats, man ;)

Hi Evandro,

Good summary. I wrote something similar three years ago:
http://notebook.kulchenko.com/programming/lua-good-different-bad-and-ugly-parts.
I only have couple of remarks:

> Lua has exactly six types: nil, string, number, function, boolean and table (where the biggest magics of the language live)

Lua also has thread and userdata types.

> There is a lack of a debug tool in the core of the language. I know many programmers that don’t make use of debug tools, but I particularly miss it and I don't always think it’s comfortable to debug my codes through print.

Lua provides debug.* library, which, while minimalistic, provides ways
to implement breakpoints, stepping, profiling, variable inspection and
almost everything else that you can expect in a debugger. I think the
main complaint about it is that it's likely to noticeably slow down
the application, but there are ways to deal with this and I've seen
patches that implement breakpoint support
(http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2012-04/msg00920.html).

Paul

--
Att,