Hello,

I would like to have some clarification about the way I can implement à destructor of a C object.
As per http://www.lua.org/pil/29.1.html, it should be implemented using __gc but ... when will it be called.

I have an object that is managing a windows and I would like to ensure this windows is destroyed as soon as it's representing object is not anymore used.

In other words,
for a code like

if somestuff then
    wnd = SelSurface.create()
    ... bla bla bla ..
end

I would like to be sure the window is destroyed as soon as the code leave the "if" statement and not when the GC decided to run.

Thanks

Laurent

----
The misspelling master is on the Web.
  _________ 100 % Dictionnary Free !
/ Dico       / / Pleins d'autres fautes sur
(#######( / http://destroyedlolo.info
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.