On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Chris Emerson
<chris-lua@mail.nosreme.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 03:22:40PM +0000, Nagaev Boris wrote:
>> I'd like to introduce lua-rote, Lua binding to ROTE.
>
> I went to ROTE's homepage (http://rote.sourceforge.net/), which suggests
> using libvterm instead.  Are you aware of any particular reason to use
> one over the other?
>
> Either way, this seems very close to something I'd find useful - but my
> immediate use would need unicode support, which apparently isn't included.

Hi Chris,

unicode is not included. I started with ROTE because of its simplicity
and because it is sufficient for my purposes (curses-based viewer for
DNA alignments).

ROTE's homepage suggests using libvterm [1] instead, but this project
has not been updated for 2 years. There is another project with name
libvterm [2], which seems to be active. There is also its'
modification for project NeoVim [3].

I'm going to bind one of them to Lua.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/libvterm/
[2] http://www.leonerd.org.uk/code/libvterm