On Mar 31, 2015 7:33 AM, "Nicolas CARRIER" <carrier.nicolas0@gmail.com> wrote:

> But correct me if I'm mistaken, none of them allow to :
> 1. product a binary for another target (cross-compilation), specially arm ones.
> 2. produce a binary completely independent of it's environment, event the libc

In my experience, it is a good idea to dynamically link with libc (and libgcc) unless you know about actual, specific cases in which it breaks. If you are cross-compiling from Linux to Android...it is not so important. :-)

By the way, dlopen(NULL, ...) gives a handle on the main program. This allows code to ask for its own exported symbols. But building an array of library-open functions at compile-time is more portable, and you don't have to use weird -Wl,-foo parameters.

Jay