On Sunday, March 29, 2015, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

... composed the title of this post.

It's quite a compliment for Lua 5.3 that the only thing currently
generating some heat on the list has actually been with us
throughout the whole lifetime of Lua 5.2.

...and somewhat illustrative of 5.2's overall receptIon. (Nothing wrong with it, but for many, nothing compelling enough to switch).

For me, the most welcomed feature in 5.3 is the pretty-frequent post that includes something like "I'm migrating my code from 5.1 to 5.3 and..."

-Andrew