Hi,

I'm Sachintha Gamlath. I'm an undergraduate of Department of Computer
Science & Engineering of University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. Currently,
I'm having my internship at CodeGen International (pvt) ltd.

While I was going through your Ideas' List for Google Summer of Code
2015, I found out Elasticsearch Lua client project which got my
attention. Since I was working on some projects using Elasticsearch
during my internship, I have hands on experiences with Elasticsearch.

I was responsible for handling Elasticsearch in an NLP project of
CodeGen International. Therefore, I created nested queries and complex
queries with aggregations, and used Java API for Elasticsearch to
manage data.

As the company had a necessity to extract information in logs in a
structural manner, I developed a centralized logging system to handle
logs using Logstash, Elasticsearch and Kibana.

With the experience I got from these projects, I got the opportunity
to setup Elasticsearch for many other projects of the company, and
also helped them to solve issues they faced in the process of
integrating those projects with Elasticsearch.

Also I have an average knowledge about Lua, JSON and HTTP. So I would
like to contribute to this project in GSoC 2015 and I am willing to
continue my contribution.

Can you tell me how to start this project and what are the
technologies I should refer?

Regards,
Sachintha Gamlath