On 5 March 2015 at 21:25, Ahmed Charles <acharles@outlook.com> wrote:
> It's still a good idea to use release builds for perf testing. The jit is probably a large portion of the time and llvm is known for slow compile times in the jit since most people use it for offline compilation or scenarios where jit time is less of a factor.

Hi,
Yes you are right. But to work around the time it takes to JIT I am
calling the function twice and measuring the second call. So the time
it takes to compile is not considered, as the function gets compiled
on first call.

The problem I have is that I cannot build a debug version and link to
release version of LLVM - I get link errors. So I will to have two
parallel builds - one release and the other debug - both for Ravi and
LLVm and then link them respectively. Too much hassle ... will do it
when I get a bit more advanced on the JIT compilation.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Dibyendu