Aapo Talvensaari <aapo.talvensaari <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015, 23:59 Andre Murbach Maidl <andremm <at>
gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, but to my mind this is also a kind of popularity.
>

> E.g. Lusty is splitted  to many subprojects of which most (all?) come
from same developer. Also busted is from there. So, I think it is more
like a page rank. rocks.moonscript.org has download count but it is
missleading as well (as it is static because most common deps are always
at top). Also many rocks don't describe deps (even if there are deps,
luajit c deps to shared libs is especially problematic, or say deps to
openresty ecosystem).
> But yes, they tell something... but not much in my opinion. Good
modules none the less.

If we have download times from luarocks respo (or moonrocks),
    sum(download_times * counts_of_package_call)
would be something interesting as an utility matrix.

- I have always been thinking/wishing a programming language that would
involve with more 'measurement/feedbacks' from its usage, then we may
have some means to improve based on numbers/facts (putting more
resources there).

Isaac