Hi everyone,

As you might have heard by now, LabLua was accepted as a participating
organization in this year's Google Summer of Code, and I added a
LuaRocks project to the lab's ideas list:

http://www.lua.inf.puc-rio.br/gsoc/ideas2015.html#luarocks

The project is the add-ons feature that I mentioned in luawshop14 and
the FOSDEM BoF. Initial feedback from the community to this idea was
positive. So yes, this is a real project that, once complete, will get
in the LuaRocks codebase. It's an awesome way to make a difference to
a project that's used by a lot of people in the Lua world, and get
paid in the process! We have a welcoming community of users and
developers and would love to get someone new on board.

If you're an eligible student and got interested, contact us at the
LabLua GSOC email list:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/labluagsoc

Applications for students open on March 16, but the earlier you get in
touch with us, the better!

Cheers,
-- Hisham
http://luarocks.org