On Thu, Feb 26, 2015, 23:59 Andre Murbach Maidl <andremm@gmail.com> wrote:

Yeah, but to my mind this is also a kind of popularity.

E.g. Lusty is splitted  to many subprojects of which most (all?) come from same developer. Also busted is from there. So, I think it is more like a page rank. rocks.moonscript.org has download count but it is missleading as well (as it is static because most common deps are always at top). Also many rocks don't describe deps (even if there are deps, luajit c deps to shared libs is especially problematic, or say deps to openresty ecosystem).

But yes, they tell something... but not much in my opinion. Good modules none the less.