On 19/02/2015 22:33, Thijs Schreijer wrote:

Any hint and suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

An old post, but you get the idea; http://superuser.com/questions/54723/any-free-application-to-redirect-serial-communication-to-tcp-ip

Thijs

Thanks, it is interesting, but it doesn't seem to address my problem (am I missing something?).

I don't need TCP/IP connectivity, but simple interaction with existing COM ports (either real, i.e. connected to a real UART chip, or virtual, like those created by the Arduino driver, which redirects the COM data over the USB connection to the Arduino board).

I'm not getting the point, unless you are suggesting to redirect COM links to TCP/IP and then using something like luasocket to perform serial communication indirectly (which seems a bit overkill).