On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Dibyendu Majumdar
<mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> In this use case a dynamic language makes sense as
> the people who will use it are unlikely to be professional
> programmers. The dynamic nature of Lua cannot be retained with purely
> static typed language definition.

Your conclusions make sense to me but your premise does not:
"...unlikely to be professional programmers."

A good language is a good language and Lua is certainly that. It may
be more helpful if "novice" or "casual" users of Lua, as a group,
represented a critical persona, instead of the primary one. There is
plenty of professional Lua code, written by professionals (and those
aspiring to be).

Maybe this point is not important to your library's direction, at this
point. Consider it an observation... :)

-Andrew

-Andrew