On 25 January 2015 at 01:06, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> I am pleased to let you know that I have a working prototype

Now that I have the prototype out I am starting work on implementing
array types - which will just be specializations of tables. Of course
the moment I started thinking about arrays (and tables) the
realization dawned that there is no easy way to support generic arrays
and tables without doing a lot of work. But fortunately from a
performance point of view the generic arrays and tables don't matter
so much - as the overhead is higher anyway and dynamic typing probably
doesn't add much to it.

I have revised the definition of Ravi to reflect my current thinking.
Language purists are probably not going to like the approach I am
taking.

Regards
Dibyendu