On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 16:21:36 -0200
Hisham <h@hisham.hm> wrote:

> On 21 January 2015 at 20:15, Timm S. Mueller
> <tmueller@schulze-mueller.de> wrote:
> > LuaExec is another take on multitasking for Lua.
> >
> > http://luaexec.neoscientists.org/
>
> Hi!
>
> I gave it a quick spin, and wrote a rockspec for it (it follows
> attached — tested only on Linux, but I followed your `config` file).
>
> > - should work with Lua 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, and LuaJIT on POSIX and Windows
>
> I see that the .lua parts use module(), so I believe they run only in
> 5.1 (or 5.2 with compat flags on).

Yes, this is documented, and I updated the documentation in the meantime
to reflect that LUA_COMPAT_MODULE is really only needed for the example.

> Tweaking so it runs on 5.2 and 5.3
> shouldn't be hard (only tedious).
>
> I also suggest having two new build targets in the Makefile, "core"
> and "httpd", to build the core libraries and the httpd example
> separately. This way, we could have two rockspecs (say, "luaexec" and
> "luaexec.httpd"), so one can add the dependencies on luasocket and
> luafilesystem only in the second rockspec (which would, of course,
> also depend on the first one).

I would think that this isn't ready for packaging, and especially the
HTTP server, which should probably be exempted from installation.

Methinks it was a silly idea to include it, a proper tutorial would
have been more useful.

I'm working on an update, but this may take some time. Supplying an
application with a built-in HTTP server was one of my use cases to
develop against, but it may distract too much from what the package is
about.

> To make your library available via LuaRocks, create an account in the
> MoonRocks repository and upload your rockspecs there:
> https://rocks.moonscript.org/

Thank you,

- Timm

--
Timm S. Mueller <tmueller@schulze-mueller.de>
Schulze & Mueller GbR, Jungstr. 2, 10247 Berlin,