Hi,

Is my understanding correct that luaY_parser() creates an implicit
function to wrap all the code it parses? Thus an assumption is that
LexState is used for a single parse of a function - which may of
course contain function definitions within.

Another question I have is to do with lexical scopes of variables
within the parse run.  Can I assume that LocVar.startpc and
LocVar.endpc define the boundary within where a particular variable is
available - and that if LexState.dyd contains a reference to a
variable register then the corresponding variable scope is as defined
in LocVar?

Lastly I have tried to document in the link below my understanding of
the expdesc structure's state transitions - would appreciate if any
errors in my description are highlighted so that I can correct them.

https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/ravi/wiki/Lua-Internals

Thanks and Regards
Dibyendu