lua-symmetric is a little library for symmetric, authenticated
encryption. It provides functionality for generating strong random keys,
encryption and decryption. The API is intentionally limited to prevent
users from shooting themselves in the foot.

Internally, it uses OpenBSD's arc4random_buf to generate keys, and
libsodium's secretbox encryption/decryption routines. It includes
arc4random in the source tree, however it does depend on libsodium.

I'm not comfortable to release it as 1.0 yet, hence it is not on
luarocks, but I would appreciate it if other people could take a quick
look at it. You can find it on Github at:

https://github.com/mikejsavage/lua-symmetric

Mike