> Luiz, for example, doesn't even use version numbers for his modules!
> No offense intended, but that's far from being a Holy Grail of best
> practices.

No offense taken. Is not having version numbers really that bad?

My modules do include date information inside and that is enough
for me to know which version is being used in case an issue arises.

More importantly, my modules are really stable and so what other
purpose would version numbers serve?

I'm not being (too) defensive. I'm just curious whether not having
version numbers is really a hindrance to someone.