Sorry to ask a dumb question but this looked just what I needed so I installed
LuaRocks and the Windows SDK 8.1A on my Dell Inspiron 7000 box.  My native
environment is Linux so registries and things like that cause me to break out
in a cold sweat!  I have to use Windoze unfortunately in this application.

But LC doesn't find the c++ compiler cl.exe and I suspect other things will
fall over as well. :(

Looking at the installed software, I see that Visual C++ 2005, 2008  and 2010
are already installed, the last with 86 and x64 versions.  I guess they came
with the box as I don't recall installing them or maybe they came with
something else.

Anyway is there a way of configuring luacheck so that it can use one of these
compilers?  I don't want to break another program.  Or the gcc compiler?

Maybe I don't need the SDK.  All I want to do is to check some code for
missing declarations and unused variables!

--
Best wishes

John

John Logsdon