On Jan 2, 2015, at 1:36 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> Lua 5.3.0 (rc3) is now available [[...]]
> All feedback welcome. Thanks.

Short version:

I am surprised that 'make MYCFLAGS=-DLUA_COMPAT_ALL' stopped working!

Long version:

I'm in the process of checking my development stack works with Lua 5.3 (luaposix,
lua-stdlib, lyaml, specl etc.).  Since the shipped Makefile only produces static
libraries, (which in turn have slightly odd behavior when combined with loadable
modules on Mac OS X -- occasionally dumping core among other strangeness)... I
have a continuous integration script which uses libtool to portably build a liblua
et. al on the architectures I use.

For the longest time, I use -DLUA_COMPAT_ALL in that script's CPPFLAGS, for maximum
compatibility across Lua releases.  But for Lua 5.3.0rc3 I have to use different
flags (-DLUA_COMPAT_5_2, others?).  It would be more pleasant for forward compat-
ability with build environments that custom compile a Lua from source to still
honor the original flag.

Cheers,
--
Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT vaughan DOT pe)