Hi all,

did anyone perform some benchmark charting relative to the latest major Lua versions, like: 5.1, 5.2, 5.3?

The reason why I ask is that with Lua 5.3-rc0 stuffed into a bigger application code base (where the main application is written in Lua) I see about 10% performance decrease of the application run-time compared to Lua 5.1. It also consumes quite a bit more memory, too.

At this time I have not tested how this app would performs with Lua 5.2.

If anyone has some performance numbers to share I would be intersected to hear your upgrade stories. If there is interest in an deeper analysis let me know and I can see if I can get the code compatible with all those Lua versions and run some automated tests.

René

--
 ExactCODE GmbH, Lietzenburger Str. 42, DE-10789 Berlin
 http://exactcode.com | http://exactscan.com | http://ocrkit.com | http://t2-project.org | http://rene.rebe.de