You're knowledge about other peoples fields and the issues they are regulary facing?

Anyway, I agree such operator is not a good idea, simply because the count isn't stored in the core. If it would, I'd say instead by all means make that integer accessible to the script, no big harm.

However, the resoning ought to be, what is a strong concept and well doable with the current code base without bloating it? In this case it is not.

Not, "I don't need that in my field of work, so I just suppose other don't as well." Or do you have a scientific method on operationalising how often other people need this or that with their way of using Lua?

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 5:47 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> In my opinion any "this isn't often required" argument is at most
> ignorance.

And at least knowledge?

-- Roberto