On 21/11/14 01:37 PM, Marco Mastropaolo wrote:
Probably a scenario which is totally unlikely and broken on so many other aspects.. but this code

t = { 1, 2, 3 };
setmetatable(t, { __len = function(tbl) return tostring(rawlen(tbl)); end });
x = ##t;
-- x = 1

actually works and would break if ## would be implemented.

As I said, totally unlikely and super-dirty to starts of, but at the moment the parser treats (correctly) ## as two executions of the # operator and if a __len meta returns a string or table, it's actually "working" code (for some definition of working).

-- Marco