> One sentence of Robertos video stick in my head: Lpeg do not search.

I meant that Lpeg does not have any builtin search facility (as opposed
to most regexp engines, where search is one of the main functions). Its
main (only) operation is (anchored) match.

As Andrew pointed out, it is very easy to build patterns that do a
search. The documentation of LPeg also shows how to search, in the
Examples section. (As Dirk pointed out, 're' provides some of these
patterns.)

-- Roberto