Hi all. I wrote a fairly awful "window manager" for OS X called
Mjolnir[1] which uses Lua 5.2 for user-scripting. That was my first
main Lua project. Thanks to the #lua channel on freenode, and to
Roberto's book (third edition), I learned a lot about how to use Lua,
and hopefully my code is somewhat idiomatic.

Well, I've started on another project, which has similar goals to
Mjolnir (although I won't go into too much detail until it's
released). Like Mjolnir, it will also use Lua to allow the user to
"script" it. But it's going to use Lua 5.3 instead! Specifically, I'm
going to use whichever version of Lua 5.3 is available by the time I
release it -- I'll be throwing the Lua source code directly into the
app, and updating it whenever a new update of 5.3 is released.

So, I'm writing this partially as a way of saying that I am so
confident in Lua's development that I'm prepared to fully support Lua
5.3 in my app, and partially to say thanks to the PUC-Rio team for
writing Lua, and for everyone else who has contributed! It really is
my favorite scripting language these days, by far. Oh, and partially
to advertise Mjolnir (and my upcoming app, kinda), but that's a very
small part ;)

[1] https://github.com/sdegutis/mjolnir

-Steven