* On 2014-10-28 05:02:38 +0100, Rena wrote:

> I'm using Lua in a homebrew PSP app (not PS Vita, the original PSP
> with 32-64MB RAM and ~333mhz MIPS CPU) and finding performance has
> dropped rather sharply (compared to original app which didn't use
> Lua). It's using Lua 5.2, though compiling another version for it
> wouldn't be out of the question. The main loop isn't doing a lot of
> work, but makes multiple calls to C functions (read the button states,
> draw things on the screen, read the clock). Does anyone have advice to
> improve performance?

I found that on low end systems memory bandwidth is often a limiting
factor, partly because of relative small cache. Reuse existing objects
and tables as much as possible and preventing the creation of too many
new variables (so the garbage collector does not take too much of your
time) differed a lot to me.

--
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C