On 23/10/14 12:13, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

> Lua 5.3.0 (beta) is now available for testing at
> 	http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.3.0-beta.tar.gz
>
> MD5	e46b91de3d22a308d3350a14b242e2c7  -
> SHA1	0fa2b527611fe3a1b083359ce15e91f27b108eec  -
>
> This is a beta version. A few details may change in the final version.
>
> The main change in Lua 5.3.0 is the introduction of integers. See also
> 	http://www.lua.org/work/doc/#changes
>
> Another change, new in beta, is the introduction of string.pack and
> string.unpack, which replace and extend string.dump* and string.undump*.
>
> The complete diffs are available at
> 	http://www.lua.org/work/diffs-lua-5.3.0-alpha-beta.txt
>
> A test suite is available at
> 	http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.3.beta-tests.tar.gz
>
> All feedback welcome. Thanks.
> --lhf

I am confused. The default makefile defines LUA_COMPAT_5_2 which in turn
defines LUA_COMPAT_APIINTCASTS which in turn re-enables luaL_optint.
However when linking with the library, which is default compiled, it
errors due to luaL_optint being undefined.

I also fail to understand the manual which states, "Macros to project
non-default integer types (luaL_checkint, luaL_optint, luaL_checklong,
luaL_optlong) were deprecated. Use their equivalent over lua_Integer
with a type cast (or, when possible, use lua_Integer in your code). "

Use their equivalent what?

--
Liam