On 10/23/2014 07:13 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> Lua 5.3.0 (beta) is now available for testing at
> 	http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.3.0-beta.tar.gz
> [...]
> All feedback welcome. Thanks.
> --lhf
Can section 4.7 (" Handling Yields in C") of the manual explicitly say
that lua_callk / lua_pcallk will return instead of calling the
continuation if the called function doesn't yield?

Being used to CPS[0], I assumed that the continuation function is always
called, so seeing " return k(L, lua_pcallk(L, n, m, h, ctx2, k), ctx1);"
in the example confused me.

After reading the [1] thread I understand why that's the case, but it
would be nice if the manual made the behavior more obvious.

-Tangent

[0]: continuation passing style
[1]: http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2010-05/msg00338.html