On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 6:24 PM, Jay Carlson <nop@nop.com> wrote:
> Unless you have a real need, and a real need for pain, sticking with the XML "0.2" infoset (mixed content, unordered attributes, no other features) is a good idea, and is the minimum for a general XML processor. Lotta people like "0.1" (text only significant in leaves) or "0.0" (no text).

Thanks, Jay - now I have some terminology: basic_parse by default does
"0.1" because I was only ever interested in XML as data
representation, not particularly as markup.  Comments did not seem
particularly important.  It's all meant for simple config file use
really, and I did not feel guilty because there's always luaexpat
available.