Andrew

It is as I suspected then, thanks for your in-depth explanation

As I said in my initial post, there's no C call frame between the
`resume()` and `yield()` calls, so I did some extra investigation and
digged the real problem: I was invoking `pcall` inside the coroutine,
which is not supported.

Anyway, I managed to work around the issue by adapting a snippet shown
by Roberto Ierusalimsch in another mailing list post
:http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2004-10/msg00142.html

Thank you all for the help

Thiago