Agreed; even the use of number values such as 2, 3, or 4 could be considered bloat as they can be substituted with (1+1), (1+1+1), and (1+1+1+1) respectively.

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Hisham <h@hisham.hm> wrote:
On 21 September 2014 11:27, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Bloat" is something that adds to the length of the manual without
> adding to what Lua can already do. For example, if eventually in
> Lua 5.3 "for i in ipairs(tbl)" turns out to be exactly equivalent to
> "for i=1,#tbl" then 'ipairs' will be bloat.

I strongly disagree with your definition of "bloat". By your
definition, 'for' and 'while' are bloat because we have 'goto'.

And no, I don't wish to incite a discussion on what would be a better
definition because it is, in the end, subjective.

-- Hisham